Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 August 2010

Exercise - Exploring drawing and painting.

Task - to create a sketchbook using different materials and media.
As you can see I chose a walking boot as my subject matter and tried a mix of methods from pencil to marker and pen to watercolour and oil pastel. I also tried cutting out a template and splattering and then drawing directly onto a typed page from a book. Not sure why, but I really like to see drawings or paintings on top of type...
I seem to have more success or control when using pen and ink and really like the looseness of watercolour, with different colours reacting with others to give some nice effects. The oil pastel was quite effective but probably wasnt the right media to use on the black card which didnt have much of a tooth to hold the pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment